Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Day 25 Women Healed by Jesus



 In July of 1999, while serving in the United States Navy, I developed vertigo.  Fourteen years later, I continue with my unbalance as if swaying back and forth, a rocking drunk like feeling with nausea and migraines.  There are certain situations in which can trigger my vertigo, elevators and airplanes; the pressure of flying can send me into a tailspin that lasts for weeks.  After traveling a few weeks ago to visit family, lying down to bed is a chore.  Turning my head while lying down or sitting up from sleep takes a few minutes to gain my balance.  When the vertigo is severe, I know a migraine is on the way.  I have prayed to the Lord, “Please I know you can take this away if you choose.”  His response to my prayer is always, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” (2 Corinthians 12:9).
 There are many mentioned in the bible that experienced Christ healing: the woman who bled for twelve years (Matthew 9:20, Mark 5:25-29, Luke 8:44 ), Peter’s mother-in-law (Matthew 8:15, Mark 1:30), a mother, humbling herself as comparing her life to that of a dog, asked Christ to heal her daughter (Matthew 15:28, Mark 7:27-30), a dead girl brought to life (Mark 5:41), Mary Magdalene and the women who followed Christ were healed of diseases and evil spirits (Luke 8:1-3), a crippled woman healed on the Sabbath (Luke 13:10-17) are a few who Christ mercifully touched.  I know of women who have had to deal with health problems and leaned on their faith to get them through. My friend Cathie, in 2010, was hospitalized with a problem in her kidneys.  She had surgery to remove one, and spent a month in recovery. 
My sister, in 2013, has had four abrasive brain surgeries due to excess spinal fluid causing pressure on her eyes.  She is still in the healing process and may have a fourth surgery as the pressures on her eyes are causing blindness. Her prayers continue up to the Lord, but she is not irritated.  She recently said, “I am not angry with God, I just want to know why the more I pray, the worse I become.”  Why are some healed and some not?  Why are some women cured of cancer, diseases, health problems and physical abnormalities, why others suffer for a lifetime?
 I am not angry either with the Lord.  I do have questions, am inquisitive as to why I have vertigo and migraines, but have never demanded healing.  Whether through these problems, I can share my testimony and other women are brought closer to the Lord or I can relate to those who have health issues whom are not healed is placed in the hands of God.  The burden I place on my husband at times grieves me.  His helping me to walk, helping to steady me on my feet while I hold on to him, allowing me to rest and sleep when confronted with a pounding migraine, taking responsibility for the children, their school, his work and the house, I am sure can feel overwhelming.  Tommy has never complained and I praise God for that.
I would like to pose a question to you if you suffer from some sort of illness are asking the very questions I ask.  What if the very problem you pray about brings you close to the Lord?  What if a disease or sickness humbled you to realize our lives are fleeting, nothing but chaff in the wind? What if an unbeliever saw your strength, joy and peace during a challenging time in your life, would the health problems be worth it? What if while sick, the Lord had you placed in a particular care unit to speak, pray or spread the Gospel to those on the brink of death, would the illness be worth it?  What if your testimony of praying, worship and believing Christ inspired another to walk down the isle in holy matrimony to our bridegroom Jesus Christ, would it be worth the pain and suffering?
My sister in Christ, if are in need of healing, prayer and revival, I encourage you to not quit, but finish you race.  I encourage you not to ask why, but how can you use the Lord for you kingdom?  In such a difficult time in life, how can I be a living breathing epistle for Christ?  My prayer for you is to never doubt or give up hope.  These health problems may bring you closer, into a deeper understand of Jesus and the power of the Holy Spirit.  These problems may bring you into a deeper prayer life, a deeper faith in the unseen and give you joy beyond anything you can imagine. 
 I once heard the testimony of a woman who had cancer.  As she proceeded through the treatments, she posted a picture of herself as a reminder of what she believed her life would be like again.  Her faith and belief in Christ, her devotion to prayer and the service to the Lord while sick, only increased her hope in Christ.  She is completely cancer free and is as healthy as that picture was taken years prior.  This testimony inspires me to remember God is control, he desires to increase our faith and believe in him.  I trust him completely.
 Every Thursday, my children and I truck off to the nursing home after school.  We enjoy reading to the “grandparents”, making them laugh, doing projects together and treasure the time spent with them.  There are some with debilitating diseases, some who have had strokes, heart attacks, health problems, but are the happiest, most encouraging people I have ever met.  There are some who are so upbeat, always a smile and giving thanks for our family coming.  It truly has inspired me as I watch and glean from these women and men who live with these challenges and rely on others for their daily provisions.
 There is hope in Jesus Christ.  There is hope for healing and making a full recovery for whatever you may be experiencing.  I know while Cathie was in recovery from her kidney surgery, she would read the bible, particularly Job.  When the complaints from Job’s friends met the ears of God, the Lord thundered from heaven, “Who is this that darkens my counsel with words without knowledge?” Brace yourself like a man; I will question you and you shall answer me. Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation? Tell me, if you understand.  Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know! Who stretched out a measuring line across it? On what were its footings set, or who laid its cornerstone while the morning stars and together and all the angels shouted for joy?”  Wow! Do you want me to continue?
 At times, in our finite minds, we may have the audacity to question God.  We may question is motives, his ways and circumstances, but when I become too big for my britches, I remember Job and God’s question, “Who is this that darkens my counsel with words without knowledge?” (Job 38:2-7). At this juncture, we should gently fall to our knees at pray, “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways.” declares the Lord. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.” (Isaiah 55:9) We are to trust the Lord and lean not on our own understanding, acknowledging all our ways to him and he will make our paths straight (Proverbs 3:5-6).
 During this difficult time in your life or if you know of another who is sick, continue your prayers and encourage them, for he will never leave you nor forsake you and what the enemy has used for harm, God uses for good (Genesis 50:20).

Let us pray and CONFESS, calling on the Living God, and laying our health at the cross:

Father, Jehovah-Repheka, The Lord is my Healer,
            I know in the Gospels, Yeshua asked a question, “What do you want?” My heart’s desire is your precious hand to heal my ________________. I know you have the power to heal me if you so desire and I know if I have faith as small as a mustard seed, I can move mountains.  I believe in the power of Jesus Christ to heal my ______________ or my family member’s/friend’s ________________. 
            If I have caused ____________________ from over eating, drugs, alcohol, sexual promiscuity or smoking, forgive me Lord for I have sinned. I now understand the scripture, “….the body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who lives within me, whom I have received as a gift from God and is not my own.  I was bought with a price, purchased with preciousness and pain, so then I will honor God and bring glory to him in my body.” (1 Corinthians 6:18-19).
            If this __________________ was unexpected, generational, repetitious or continuously penetrating my body, teach me to follow you no matter the consequences.  Teach me to use this season to glorify you and I pray as the Apostle Paul wrote, “…to make a decisive dedication of my body, presenting all my members and faculties as a living sacrifice, holy, devoted, consecrated and well pleasing to you, which is my reasonable service and spiritual worship.” (Romans 12:1).
            I know it is written I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Philippians 4:13). It is written your ways are not our ways, your thoughts not our thoughts and I will not give up asking, seeking and knocking for healing and Truth (Isaiah 55:8). It is written to persevere through trials for the endurance and patience needs to complete a work in me so that I may be perfectly and fully developed lacking in nothing (James 1:4).
 I believe in the written Word of the Lord, I believe in prayer and the laying on of hands by the elders (James 5:13-14).  It is written all wisdom, knowledge, and treasures are found in Christ (Colossians 2:2-3). I know the healing power of Christ is a treasured gift and I will be thankful, grateful and prayerfully dedicated to you unlike the nine lepers who selfishly forgot to thank Jesus for restoring them to health (Luke 17:11-19).
Help me to keep my mind and heart set on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of the Father (Colossians 3:2) and confess the Word in faith.  It is written he was wounded for our transgressions, bruised for our iniquities, the chastisement for peace and well-being for us was upon him and with his stripes we are healed and made whole.” (Isaiah 53:5). It is written you forgive our sin and heal our diseases, you redeem our life from the pit and corruption, and beautify, dignify and crown us with loving kindness and tender mercy (Psalm 103:3, Exodus 15:21). It is written to fear the Lord and shun evil for this will bring healing to the body and nourishment to the bones (Proverbs 3:7-8). Increase my faith Father, and show my any area of my life where I have not been faithful or have given all to you.
I praise your precious name.  My heart’s desire is peace for my family during this season and to be used as an example bringing unbelievers close to you.  I pray this ___________________ can be used to glorify you and bring those around me into a deeper revelation of who you are, the power of the Cross and the Resurrected Savior. I pray you open the door for me to find a Christian doctor who will pray before surgery and have a thankful heart to rely on you for the wisdom to treat and handle my _______________________.   I pray for the finances to cover all medical expenses and know you are my Jehovah Jirah, My Provider!  May my family have the peace that surpasses understanding, and we all think on things that are pure, noble, just, right, honorable and of GOOD REPORT! (Philippians 4:8).  I pray for a speedy recovery, for the patience you can give family members and friends to help in this time of need.  In the name of Jesus of Nazareth I pray, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment